Air Pressure

What does air pressure have to do with weather?

25 Responses

1. Emma says:

It effects how clouds form and how it rains.

2. Matia says:

I have never thought about this before, but maybe it affects temperature. Up in the mountains its colder because of its elevation. I’m not sure that that has anything to do with air pressure, though.

3. Janessa says:

It helps keep stuff from the sky that is falling it helps keep it falling down. it also helps with how heavy the air is and by that I mean how like misty the air is like how much water there is in the air.

4. carter says:

I think that air pressure use the air to make a cloud move in the air

5. Louis says:

I think that air pressure affects how the jetstreams move in some way and then the jetstreams affect the weather.

6. Chris says:

I believe that with weather the air pressure effects the amount of rain that falls.

7. Julian says:

It affects how clouds form.

8. Bella says:

I believe air pressure effects cloud formation

9. bruce says:

it is how clouds form

10. Tori says:

I think air pressure helps form clouds and it may affect how much rain falls.

11. Leo says:

Difference in air pressure causes wind.

12. Cole says:

air pressure helps clouds and storms

13. X says:

It makes air denser thus heating the atmosphere.

14. Triston says:

Temperature effects air preesure which then effects how the clouds form which can make storms

15. Marin says:

I think it helps form clouds.

16. mya says:

I believe the air pressure affects the clouds on their formation, and creates all sorts of winds.

17. caleb says:

The pressure affects the way clouds form, the wind speed, if hurricanes and if tornadoes form.

18. Mariah says:

air pressure helps clouds,storm,rain and some other thing that I cant think of at this moment.

19. Landon says:

It affects the formation of the clouds and the air pressure which then forms into a storm.

20. Ellie says:

I believe that it could affect precipitation because when a cloud is forced on with air pressure it rains – or that at least what how I thought about as a kid looking at ballons.

21. victoria says:

air pressure affects the cloud with their formation,and it makes the wind stronger

22. Brogynn says:

air pressure plays a big roll in temperature, weather, living, and other things like rain fall

23. Drake Mckenzie says:

Air pressure affects clouds in a way that it changes their shape, and overall form, which then can cause storms.

24. addie says:

the pressure helps form clouds and im not sure if it helps storms too.

25. izabel says:

I think air pressure may have something to do with the hot air traveling up and evaporating. Since air pressure is gravitating down, it could be pushing down cold air and that’s why its so cold and hot evaporates